Questions & Answers
How Can We Help?
How does one become a Muslim
Knowledge of the Creed
- What is the required amount of knowledge that each Muslim must acquire? What is the Personal Obligatory Knowledge of the Religion [Islam]?
- What makes a person Islamically accountable (mukallaf)? Who is the Islamically accountable person (mukallaf), who is obligated to embrace Islam and comply with its rules?
- What is the meaning of the saying mentioned above: “to comply with its rules,” “to comply with what is obligatory upon them of the religious rules.”?
Attributes of God
- What is the meaning of One (al-Wahid), when attributed to Allah?
- What is the meaning of indivisible (al-Ahad)?
- What is the meaning of “without a beginning” (al-Awwal) and “eternal” (al-Qadim)?
- What is the meaning of “Alive” (al-Hayy) when attributed to Allah?
- What is the meaning of “without an end” (al-Qayyum), when attributed to Allah?
- What is the meaning of “Everlasting” (ad-Da’im) when attributed to Allah?
- What is the meaning of ”the Creator” (al-Khaliq)?
- What is the meaning of “the Sustainer” (ar-Raziq) when attributed to Allah?
- What is the meaning of “the Knowledgeable” (al-^Alim), when attributed to Allah?
- What is the meaning of “al-Qadir,” when attributed to Allah?
- The scholars said that it is an obligation to know thirteen attributes of Allah. What are these attributes?
- What does the eternity of the Attributes of Allah mean?
- Speak about the Attribute of Speech (Kalam) of Allah ta^ala.
- What is the highest and best obligation, in Islam, decreed by Allah?
- Of the different types of Islamic knowledge, which knowledge has the highest merit? What is the merit of the knowledge of Tawhid over other types of knowledge?
- What is the general meaning of the first shahadah: ashhadu alla ilaha illallah?
- State the categories of the mental (intellectual) judgment.
- What is the meaning of this statement “Allah does whatever He wills”?
- What is the explanation of the statement: “Whatever Allah willed to be shall be and whatever Allah did not will to be shall not be”?
- What is the meaning of “la hawla wala quwata illa bil-lah”?
- Allah is attributed with all proper perfection. Why was the word perfection’ qualified by saying ‘proper’?
- What does “Clear Allah from imperfection" mean?
- What is the meaning of Allah’s saying: ﴿ليس كمثله شيء﴾ Surat ash-Shura verse #11?
- What are the meanings of Allah’s Attributes of Hearing and Sight?
- What is the meaning of: “Allah exists without a beginning, and everything else exists with a beginning. He is the Creator, and everything else is a creation.”?
- What does: “…because He, the Exalted, is unlike all the creations in the Self )Dhat(, Attributes, and Acts”, mean?
- What is the meaning of the saying “Subhanahu wa ta^ala”?
- How does the Muslim answer an atheist who asks: “What is the proof for the Existence of God/Allah?”
Destiny and Will of God
About Prophet Muhammad
- What is the meaning of the testification that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah?
- What is the lineage of the Prophet up to ^Abdu-Manaf? From which tribe was he? Where was he born? Where did he die, and where is he buried?
- What is the meaning of salla-l-lahu ^alayhi wa sallam ?
- What to do if one is unable to pronounce H in Muhammad when saying the testification of faith?
- What is the meaning of: “He was truthful in everything he told about, and conveyed from Allah.”?
- What is the difference between the Prophet who is not a messenger and the Prophet who is a messenger?
- What is related to believing in the message of our Prophet, salla-l-lahu ^alayhi wa sallam?
Prophets and Holy Books
- What does it mean to believe in the Revealed Holy Books (Qur'an, Bible, Torah, az-Zabur)?
- What are some of the attributes that are necessarily attributed to a Prophet of Allah ta^ala?
- What are some of the attributes that must never be attributed to a Prophet of Allah?
- What is the meaning of the saying of Prophet Ibrahim when he saw the planet? ﴿هذا ربي﴾ [Is this my Lord?] It reads: [Hadha Rabbi!?].
- What is the meaning of the saying of Allah ta^ala about [Prophet] Yusuf in Surat Yusuf verse #24: ﴿ وَلَقَدْ هَمَّتْ بِهِ وَهَمَّ بِهَا لَوْلا أَن رَّأَى بُرْهَانَ رَبِّهِ ﴾ سورة يوسف ?
- What is the meaning of the saying of Allah ta^ala about one of the two rivals who came to Dawud seeking his judgment on a dispute in Surat Sad verse #23? ﴿ إن هذا أخي له تسعٌ وتسعونَ نعجةً وليَ نعجةٌ واحدةٌ فقال أكْفلنيها وعَزَّن ىِ في الخطاب ﴾سورة ص The saying of one of the rivals means: Indeed this, my brother, has ninety-nine lambs (na^jah), and I have one lamb (na^jah); So he said, “Entrust her to me,” and he overpowered me in speech." What is meant by “na^jah” in this verse?
- What is the Resurrection?
Life after Death
- What is the torture in the grave?
- What is the enjoyment in the grave?
- What is the Assembly “Hashr”?
- What is the Day of Judgment?
- What is the Presentation of the deeds (Hisab)?
- What is the meaning of Reward (Thawab) and Punishment (^Adhab)?
- What is the Balance?
- What is the Bridge (As-Sirat)?
- What is the Basin (al-Hawd)?
- What is the Intercession (Shafa^ah)?
- What does it mean to see Allah ta^ala with one’s eyes in the Hereafter?
- What is the belief in the Messengers of Allah?
Paradise and Hellfire
Angels and Jinn